I name it - Chocolate Spongies

Chocolate Spongies
Can you guess what is used as the main ingredient to make this......I got many of my friends saying it as bread looking at the pics.....But its a big no.......Its just marie biscuit with home made chocolate cream cant believe??!. Check the second pic can you see the semicircled marie biscuit? I saw this recipe yest from EdibleGarden and as soon as I reached home wanted to try it out as it can be done in a jiffy though the stackings needs some patience. I didnt have coco powder so I used powdered bournvita, but if you are using this then reduce the sugar level as bourvita is already sweet. And I made a minor modification I laid the cream on top of each biscuit(to make the staked lines more browny).

Ingredients:
Marie Biscuits - 10
Powdered Sugar - 2 tbsp if bournvita is used [3 for coco powder]
Bournvita/Coco Powder - 1 tbsp
Unsalted Butter - 3 tbsp
Warm Milk - 1/4 cup
Instant coffee powder - 2 pinches

Method:
1. Mix the butter, sugar and bournvita powder and make it into a fine creamy texture.
2. Add the coffee powder to the milk. Dip each biscuit in this mixture and apply the cream in between each biscuit but only a very thin layer[this is optional] and arrange it in a stack neatly one on top of the other.
3. Now apply a thick layer on all sides of the stack evenly.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours, remove and cut into slices.


Chocolate Spongies

What should I mention about the taste...When hubby came home I first showed him the pics I had taken.....his reaction was: Was it really made by you?? once he saw it live and realised it was marie biscuit he started teasing me.....but ofcourse finished it up fully. In short : Easy making with a yum yum taste!!


Labels: , ,