Lazing around on a sunday morning, the climate being soo cool didnt want to get up from bed at all. And to my surprise the breakfast was my favorite - Ragi roti! I cudnt take a better picture of this roti but dont go by the pic....but believe me it tastes soo gud and filling. I have given the recip[e for both sweet and karam but this time made only karam.
Ragi Roti Recipe - Ingredients
- Ragi flour - 1.5 cups
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Onions - 1
- Coriander leaves - a handful
- Green chillies - 1
- Oil - as required to toast
- Jaggery - 1 small ball/according to taste
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 2 tbsp
1. Saute the ragi powder in a empty tawa for 5mins, Keep aside
2. Tamper mustard seeds, add onions, coriander leaves and green chillies and fry for few mins. Add it to the ragi flour.
3. Add hot boiled water to the above mixture, the consistency should be thick enough to roll them into balls. Roll them into balls and flatten them on a polythene sheet.
4. Heat oil in a pan, carefully place the rotis drizzle little oil along the sides. Turn to other side until it is cooked.Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato sauce.
For sweet :
1. Boil 1/2 cup of water and add jaggery to it. Stir it until its liquified.
2. Pour it little by little to the sauted ragi powder,add coconut and cardamom powder. Roll , flatten them and repeat the 4th step mentioned above.
Labels: Breakfast Ideas, Chutneys, Millet Recipes, Rotis and Parathas