Happy Mothers day to all mothers out there! And I dedicate this post to my mother who had been my all time support so far and yrs to come! Yesterday I made onion rava oothapam and tomato chutney. Both went great together....and here goes the recipe:
- Rava- 2 cups
- Rice Flour/ Idly,dosa batter - 2.5 tbsp
- Curry leaves- few chopped
- Red chilli pwdr - 2 tsp
- Curd/yogurt- 4 tbsp
- Onion- 1 chopped finely
- Green chillies- 2-3 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the above together in a large bowl.Add enough water to make the batter, It should be dosa batter consistency but a lil thicker than that.
- Spread it into oothapams onto a hot pan, pour little oil along sides.
- Turn it once it becomes light brown on the ends. Cook both the sides and serve hot. It was crispy at the edges and crunchy inside.
NOTE : We can also have half of onions mixed up in the batter and half of it sprinkled while oothapams are made.
For Tomato Chutney, I followed exactly Priyas recipe. It can go very well with idlis and dosas.
Labels: Breakfast Ideas, Chutneys, Dips and Chutneys, Idlis and Dosas