This is one of my favourite podis. Podis come handy when I have no mood to cook. I got this recipe from my friend, she used to bring it during college days...Now feeling nostalgic abt those days.
- Pottu kadalai - 1 cup
- Red Chillies - 3-4 depends on the spicy level
- Garlic cloves - 6-8 cloves
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
The spice level can be totally reduced to make it kid friendly!
1. Add oil to kadai, roast pottukadalai for 3mins, add the above rest and saute till its slighly brown.
2. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
3. Grind into a slightly coarse powder, Add salt to taste.
This goes well with idlis or rice....Hot idlis + Garlic podi = Bliss!!
Labels: Dips and Chutneys, Homemade Podis