- Bhindi/Ladies finger - 12
- Onion - 1 medium sized,finely chopped
- Tomato puree - from 1 tomato
- Tomato - 1 big sized, finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1 big sized,cubed
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Turmeric - 2 pinches
- Dhaniya powder - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp ( according to taste)
- Green chilies - 1 finely chopped
- Cashewnut- 5 ground to fine paste with little water
- Salt as needed
1.Cut bhindis into medium size pieces as in the pic. Saute them well in oil till the stickiness goes off and is slightly soft. [I didnt deep fry them, you can do that if you wish]
2.Temper jeera in a wide pan with oil. Immediately add the onions and fry till its transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes.
3.Add the tomatoes and tomato puree,with little salt and mix well till it becomes soft and mushy.Fry till the raw smell completely leaves. Now add turmeric, red chili, coriander powders and mix well.
5.After the masalas are well blended with tomatoes add cashew nut paste and fry for a min till oil separates.Add the capsicum and fry in medium flame for a minute.
6. Now add the sauted bhindis, Adjust spice levels and salt at this stage. Sprinkle water for bhindis to get cooked well. Keep covered for 2mins and switch off! Serve hot with rotis/pulao!
My Notes : Adjust water according to the consistency of the gravy you need