Ragi Kozhukattai/Steamed Fingermillet Dumplings

Heya am back from my inlaws place just today morning.....Cudnt say how much I missed home n this blogging world. So the first thing I did when I entered was to check my mails and dashboard :) Have loads of work before I join back work on Monday...Its a kind of mixed feelings I wud say. I really am wondering how quick this 5 months flew away.....I should definitely say this blogging has been a part of my daily routine and all ur encouragements has made me find the cook in me and learn so much about food photography. But I had loads of fun, spent quality time with mittu ,that I am really feeling it hard to leave her and go back to work now, Wish I get used to the routine sooner.
Ragi Kozhukattai
This is one from my drafts....I tried Ragi kozhukattai from Madhuram's blog. It turned out to be a very simple and healthy evening snack, Do try this out! The addition of mung daal gave a nice twist to this kozhukattai.

Ingredients:
Finger Millet Flour (Ragi flour) – 1 cup
Mung Daal – a handful
Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
Powdered Jaggery – 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp

Method:
1.Dry roast mung daal for 3 mins and pressure cook for 3 whistles witha cup of water. Drain ater and keep seperately,the daal shoudnt be mashy.

2.Dry roast ragi for 2mins and keep aside. Add 1/2 cup water to jaggery, heat it till the jaggery dissolves and filter the impurities.

3.Now combine roasted ragi flour,mung daal,coconut, jaggery water, cardamom powder and knead it to a dough, sprinkle water if needed.

4.Roll them into balls/cylinders and press it with ur palm. Steam in idli plates for 10-13mins and Serve hot!

I received the kreative award from Renu , Thanks a lot Renu!

And I am sending my Ragi Kozhukatati to
JFI- Ragi

Labels: