I was happily napping one fine afternoon (which is rare these days with a 5.5months old hyperactive baby :)), my tummy started kicking me. Opened the fridge no veggies except for 1 not so fresh beetroot and half a packet of bread. I remembered the left over puthina chutney which I had for idly that morning, so made this quick sandwich.
So what are u waiting for.....no veggies in stock try this sandwich with the ingredients that are sure to be in your pantry!
Onion Mint Sandwich Recipe
: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 05 mins Ingredients:
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Bread slices - 4 ( I usually use wheat bread)
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Mint (Pudhina) leaves - 3 tbsp
Finely chopped onion - 1
Salt to taste
Chilli powder - a pinch
Sambhar powder - 2 tsp (optional)
Ghee - to toast
1. In 1 tsp of oil, add urad dhal, let it temper then add mint leaves and saute well till the leaves are crushed, add few drops of water and grind it to a fine paste. keep it aside.
[Though this is not the original recipe for pudhina chutney, this goes well with sandwiches]
2. Drizzle oil, add onion, turmeric powder, chilli powder, sambhar powder and saute till the onions turn light brown.
3. Take 2 bread slices and apply the mint paste on both the slices on one side.
4. Place the onion filling in between the 2 slices and press it.
5. Toast it with ghee in a toaster or in dosa pan.
You can substitute the mint leaves with corriander leaves.....It tastes gud too! 'Just not any other dish'.