Aval Upma / Poha Upma is one of the easiest and quick snack that can be made for snack time.You can add vegetables and make it wholesome for breakfast too.
Aval Upma - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 mins | Serves : 2
Poha/Aval (thick or thin) - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
To temper:Mustard seeds - 3/4 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
Hing - a generous pinch
- Soak poha in water for 5mins (I used thin if its thick it will take some more time).In a kadai : Drizzle oil, add mustard seeds,urad dal green chillies and curry leaves let it then add onions, curry leaves, green chillies. Then add onion, turmeric powder and hing fry till onions turn golden brown.
- Add the poha,required salt and mix well. Keep covered for 2-3mins until it becomes fluffy.Poha upma is ready to be served!
Serve with any parathas or variety rice.
- You can even add 1 tsp of chana dal while tempering.
- You can add boiled vegetables , tomatoes etc to this upma.Add roasted peanuts for extra crunch.
- Soaking time of poha depends on the variety of poha if its thin it takes very less time, if its thick then it needs a little extra time.
Labels: Poha Recipes, Teatime snacks