Low fat Cumin Cookies

Though this is my second attempt baking in my new OTG, it was so much of fun & excitement. I was sitting next to the oven throughout the 20mins of baking, peeping through the glass door :)
Cumin cookies
The recipe is from here But I modified a bit....I used 1/2 cup wheat flour with 1/2 of APF added pepper powder, still the cookies turned out soo gud. The next time I'l try it fully with wheat flour. So here is the recipe of the cookies that impressed everyone at home.

Ingredients:
  • Maida/All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
  • Wheat flour(atta) - 1/2 cup
  • Pepper powder - 1/2 tbsp
  • Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
  • Baking soda - a pinch
  • Salt - to taste
  • Sugar - 1/2 tsp
  • Oil - 3 tbsp
  • Milk - as reqd to knead to a stiff dough (I used 1/4 cup)

Method:
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, sugar, salt and oil. Add the milk and knead to a stiff dough till its not sticky.

2. Roll the dough to about 2mms thick, but this didnt work out for me as I cudnt roll it evenly so what I did was to press it in the roti maker, this way it was easy and quick!

3. Using a cookie cutter cut into round shapes, I used a lid to cut it. Now bring together the remaining scrapings, roll out again and repeat the process till the entire dough gets over.

4. Pre heat the oven at 180 deg C for 10mins. Grease the baking tray, arrange the cookies and place the tray in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 20mins.

5. Remove the cookies from the oven, allow it to cool and then store them in air tight containers.


NOTE:The actual recipe says 20-25 mins but mine got baked in 20mins so keep an eye after 20mins.
They were crispy and little crunchy......The pepper & cumin flavour compliments each other well, making it perfect to munch during tea time!

Labels: , , ,