This is a perfect evening snack for a rainy day and the click was on one such rainy day some months back!
Bread Upma Recipe - Ingredients
- Bread - 3 to 4 slices chopped into small squares
- Onions - 1 chopped lengthwise
- Tomato - 1
- Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp(optional)
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp for garnish
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
1.Heat oil in a tawa, add the 'to temper' ingredients and fry for a min.Add onions and saute it till it becomes light brown.
- You can even add a tsp of ginger garlic paste while sauting onions.
- Also if you dont prefer the masala flavour just ignore the spices and go ahead like the normal upma.In that case you can skip garam masala and add sambar powder.
- Adding tomato sauce gives a nice tangy taste so I prefer adding it.
- If you dont like the chunky tomato pieces, you can also puree the tomatoes and add it.
Labels: Bread based, Teatime snacks