Close to Restaurant style Vegetable Fried Rice!!

My usual order in restaurants wud be roti/naan, Its like if I dont take roti/naan my aim of going to a hotel/party/reception is not complete.I'm telling this becos anyday when I get to meet any of u....dont forget to serve with any of these, Okies?! :0
Veg Fried Rice
Hubby loves fried rice either veg, egg or chicken...So have tried them in many ways, hve already posted egg fried rice here but this recipe is from our cook at office, It was almost the same as restaurants so nagged him for the recipe.You should see the smile & happiness on his face when I ask him for recipes. One of my friends Thames asked for veg fried rice recipe so this one is for her.

Updated:
However I tried, I felt one main thing was missing which was there in restaurants...I tried soya sauce, ajino motto etc but cudnt get it.
Finally when I went to Wangs kitchen once, I had a peek into the kitchen where they were making fried rice. I closely watched the secret ingredient
in a bottle that was nothing but olive oil so the main flavour comes from this. Have updated my recipe here with olive oil. But still I have to master the making of fried rice till then I am not going to take the 'close to' tag from the headline :)

Ingredients:
Veg Fried Rice
Method:
1.Rinse rice twice and pressure cook till rice grain is seperated with required water [I used 3 cups of water].

2.Heat oil and olive oil in a kadai, add onions saute for 2mins and then add ginger garlic paste and fry well.

3.Now add carrots, beans and keep frying till the vegetables are half cooked....may be sprinkle water to get it done soon.Dont add too much water as the veggies will become soft instead of crunchy.

4.Next add the capsicum and fry well with other veggies.Add pepper and mix well.

5.Increase the heat to maximum and add the soya sauce, stirring continuously for 8-10 seconds.

6.Now lower the heat and add the cooked rice with required salt add spring onions and mix well. Let the rice fry for another 3-4 mins and then remove. Garnish with spring onions.
Veg Fried Rice
And I need to mention about this bowl....Got it in a exhibition just for the reason its brown!! Though the design is not nicely captured in the pic its soo pretty. Have I mentioned already?! I go mad abt anything browny....!! :)

I totally forgot about Mahimas cooking event so my previous post bread upma and this simple fried rice goes to her cooking basics event .

Labels: