Eggless Chocolate Cake - Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe(No eggs no butter)

I googled and googled for a very basic chocolate cake recipe and there were soooo many....But my constraint was no eggs, butter and it should be very simple. Trust me, any beginner can try this and I guarantee it wud turn out perfect without any flaws. But the quantity and mixing need to be noted down very carefully as it may be turn sticky and not cooked inside if inaccurate.The taste is no lesser than a brownie and can be served as such or with a helping of choco / caramel sauce.

Moist Chocolate Cake(With no eggs & butter)
I've recommended this recipe to few friends, cousin they too tried & agreed with me about the taste. And finally it was certified by my niece, she liked it soo much, and when I heard that she took it to school daily till it got over I was on top of the world!! Am waiting for my lil one to taste it too.....though have given her few pinches of this cake, she was licking & didnt leave my fingers :)

Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 45 mins | Makes : 9 squares
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World

Dry Ingredients:

All purpose flour(Maida) - 1 and 1/2 cups (200 gms)
Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1/8 tsp (optional)
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup (165 gms) [Increase it to 1 cup if you dont use choco chips]
Chocolate Chips - 2 tbsp

Wet Ingredients:

Water - 1 cup (250 ml)
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tbsp
Lemon juice / White Vinegar - 1 tbsp (I used lemon juice)
Oil - 1/4 cup (60 ml)
*I halved the recipe to bake it in my 4X4 inch square pan.
Super Moist Chocolate Cake(With no eggs & butter)

Method:

  1. Take water in a mixing bowl, add vanilla essence, sugar, lemon juice and oil. Mix well till sugar completely dissolves . Keep aside.Now take flour, baking soda, baking powder and coco powder and sift together twice atleast to make sure the flour, soda and baking powder and coco powder is evenly spread out.Then slowly add the the sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients mixture may be in 2 parts.Moist Chocolate Cake - Step1
  2. Gently mix in one direction, break the lumps forming...gently mix it.The batter is runny like you see in the pic.Fold in choco chips and give a quick stir.Preheat oven to 180 deg C for 10mins.Grease the pan with butter, sprinkle maida tap it so that it spreads on all sides.Moist Chocolate Cake - Step2
  3. Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake it at 180 deg C for 35-40mins check with a fork if a fork inserted comes out clean.Moist Chocolate Cake - Step3
  4. Make sure to cool atleast for 10-15 mins and then invert carefully and cut into pieces and enjoy.
Moist Chocolate Cake(With no eggs & butter)

My Notes:

Super Moist Chocolate Cake(With no eggs & butter)

Labels: , , , ,