I tried Rc's sesame sticks and just luved the taste. I modified the recipe a bit instead of APF I added wheat flour.... sure a guilt free snack with the goodness of wheat,oats and sesame! The first pic was clicked 2-3 months before and the second click was the recent one....hence the variation :)
- Wheat flour (Atta) - 1 cup
- Oats - ½ cup powdered coarsely( I used quaker)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp (add more if you prefer crispy crackers)
- Sesame seeds - ¼ cup
- Garlic paste - 3 tsp
- Salt per taste
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Water - as reqd to knead the dough
- ln a bowl add the wheat flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Add garlic paste, sesame seeds.
- Combine well, add oil.Melt the butter lil(mine got melted by itself after I took it out from chiller due to this scorching summer ;))and add at this stage. Add water little by little to form a thick chapathi like dough. Keep aside undisturbed for 30mins.
- Divide the dough into half. Roll each half thin and cut into squares or sticks. Combine the scrappings and repeat the same with the other half too.
- Preheat oven to 180C for 10 mins. Place the squares on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until the crackers are crisp. The baking time depends on the thickness of the squares and the oven settings
Store in a air tight container. It can be stored upto a week.I strongly recommend adding atleast 1tbsp butter.
The crackers were crunchy and little crispy...we enjoyed it as a teatime snack.The sesame flavour in every bite was so tasty.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Cakes and Cookies, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cookies, Oats Recipes, Other Baking