Basic Vanilla Sponge Cake for a celebration!

Hurray! A new cocoon for sharmispassions....Yes from blogspot, sharmispassions has moved to its own domain www.sharmispassions.com...It almost took 2 weeks for me to get convinced to go ahead with this name for .com....becos reading more about SEO (Search Engine Optimisaiton) confused me to opt for a change....I was with around 20 names to shortlist....but then finally I felt this name was my identity in this blog world and wanted it to remain the same :) so went ahead with it! This is the final post with 'blogspot' watermark :)

It was my long time thought to move to my own domain but something or the other took more priorities that stopped me from doing it.But I was particular not to delay further and this should happen in June as its a special month for me....yes my lil one is nearing her 1st bday on June 19th.... its even more special as she was born on my fathers bday....What more blessing can I ask out of life?!
Vanilla Sponge Cake
And finally here I am with my dream come true :) Thanks to all my friends and readers for all ur encouragement and support....wishing for the same in future too!! Waiting to hear ur feedback or suggestions. The transition and redirections are not completely over....its in process but that doesnt affect anything on the front end...But do let me know if you have any problems!

Its celebration time with this yummy vanilla sponge cake....this is hubby's favorite. To be true I made this for his bday and it was lying in drafts for a long time....dusted it out for this celebration :) Okay now going on to the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • Maida or APF - 200 gms
  • Butter - 200 gms (at room temperature)
  • Eggs - 2
  • Powdered Sugar - 200 gms
  • Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
  • Salt - one pinch (optional)
  • Baking powder - 1 tsp

Vanilla Sponge Cake

Method:
  1. Sieve maida and baking powder twice and keep aside. This is for evenly mixing of baking powder with the flour.

  2. Beat the eggs till soft and fluffy with a blender or mixer. The egg should be almost doubled in size showing the frothy texture on top.I blended using the normal mixer till fluffy.

  3. Next, lightly beat butter and sugar together till nicely blended [The butter should be at room temperature before mixing it with sugar] Add the beaten eggs to this.

  4. Mix the egg butter sugar mixture well, add vanilla essence and mix well. Now add salt and mix well again.

  5. Gently add the flour little by little(may be in 2-3 parts) stirring continuously. Make sure no lumps are formed. I started first with a spatula but ended up with my hands for mixing :)

  6. Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins. Meanwhile transfer the batter to a greased tray and bake it for 30-35 mins.

Vanilla Sponge Cake
Needless to say the aroma and taste. The cake comes out so soft and moist!! This is the only piece of cake I could reserve to click and test for the next day :)

Labels: , , ,