Cookies are always very special to me, as my first baking experience started with them. Since the day I bought choco chips, I wanted to try a eggless cookie version with it and finally these cookies caught my eyes from Sunitas site. I've always admired her low fat yet delicious looking baking goodies. I didnt make any modifications just very small adjustments and they turned out good.
- Oats - 1/4 cup
- Wheat flour (Chapathi flour) - 3/4 cup [You can substitute it with APF/Maida too]
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Coconut - 4 tsp
- Chocolate chips - 3 tbsp
- Yogurt(Thick Curd) - 3 tblsp
- Honey - 4 tblsp
- Cooking oil- 3 tblsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- In a wide bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking soda, coconut and chocolate chips. In another bowl, mix yogurt, oil, honey and vanilla essence.
- Now make a well in the centre of the oats flour mixture and add in the yogurt mixture. Just fold in no need to knead or overmix it.
- Line a baking tray with silver foil. Now pre-heat the oven at 170 deg C. Make equal sized balls of the mixture and place them in rows, slightly apart from each other.Flatten the balls with the back of a fork which will give the lines for the cookies.
- Place the tray in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for about 15- 20 mins or till the tops are very slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and Let them cool on the tray for a minute and then transfer to a rack to cool completely before storing in air tight containers.
Note : I am sure this would taste great when made with APF(maida) also though I havent tried them myself.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Cakes and Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cookies