I saw this from RedChillies first then at few more sites so gave a try at home.....These truely are a guilt free tasty snack to be munched at tea time. These are a lil spicy and crunchy and we loved it with tea.This rainy season makes me crave for hot spicy snacks.
- 1 cup chickpeas(channa)
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Soak the channa overnight. Pressure cook them next day until soft...it may take 5-6 whistles
- Drain the water completely, may be wiping with tissue will work as well to remove the moisture from the channa.
- Preheat the oven to 220 deg C for 10mins.Meanwhile in a wide bowl combine oil, salt, chilli and turmeric and pepper powder with channa. Then finally squeeze few drops of lemon juice. Keep aside and allow it to marinate for 10-15mins.
- Line a silver foil/butter paper and spread the channa. Bake it in 220 deg C for 35-40 mins. But check inbetween 15mins and toss it to avoid from burning.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool completely to get the crunch.
Labels: Teatime snacks