Kara pori / Spicy Murmura / Puffed Rice is my fav....esp during the rainy season. I always love spicy crispy snacks during winters..that compensates for the chillness. This snack is guiltfree and sure better than the packed chips and other junks.
Just back from the trip to CBE....had a funfilled week with family, relatives and friends. I was not accessible to net for these days though mobile browsing now and then was a different story ;) Hope all is fine with you as well......Mittu enjoyed the journey and the trip...she was so excited in the train that she didnt sleep half of the night making me take her walks in the train. I wonder how kids easily grab everyones attention.....Be it the lady in the Krishna sweets offering her a sweet and another sweet when said thanks or be it the friends she made in the hotel within the short time :) She was called 'friendly kiddo' by everyone whom she met for the first time....exactly opposite the way I was during my childhood days.....I was a timid and reserved kiddo. May be her dads genes at work :)
Kara Pori Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 30 mins | Serves : 2
Puffed Rice / Pori - 2 cups
Peanuts - 1/4 cup
Fried gram(Pottukadalai) - a fistful
Curry leaves - a fistful
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1.5 tsp
Hing - a generous pinch
Garlic pods - 4 big ones crushed
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- In a wide bottomed pan, heat oil - Add peanuts,fried gram,curry leaves - fry till crispy then add garlic and fry in low flame for 2 mins.Add turmeric, red chilli powder, hing, required salt all in one go and fry for sometime.
- Keep in low flame and add puffed rice, salt and mix well till the puffed rice is mixed well with spices and becomes crispy.
Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.Crunchy guilt free snack ready in minutes!
- Fry it in low flame or medium else it will get burnt.
- Mix well or toss it for even coating of spices.
- The measures are purely your choice, if you like peanuts more then add it more.Feel free to plus or minus the ingredients of your choice.
Labels: Teatime snacks