This is one of my recent favs......what started as a experiment is now regular in our breakfast menu atleast monthly once :) For chinese version of hakka noodles check here.
Veg Hakka Noodles Recipe- Ingredients
- Veg. Hakka Noodles - 1 cup
- Veggies - 1/2 cup of finely chopped (I used carrot and capsicum)
- Soya Sauce - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1/2 tsp (U can use lemon juice alternatively)
- Garlic - 3 tsp chopped finely
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato Sauce / Pasta Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as required
Boil water(around 2-3 cups well enough for the noodles to immerse fully) and add a tsp of oil in water. In boiling water add the pack of hakka noodles, Let it boil for 3-4 mins . Check if its cooked then drain the water and keep the noodles aside. Heat oil in a wide pan.Add garlic and onions and fry for 2mins.
Then add finely chopped vegetables.Sprinkle water just to let the veggies get cooked without losing the crunchiness. Add soya sauce keeping in high flame stir well then again simmer. The add tomato sauce / pasta sauce,required salt, pepper powder and mix well.
Stir well until veggies gets mixed well with the sauces.Now add boiled and drained Noodles to the pan and mix well with sauces and veggies. Squeeze lemon juice / vinegar. Toss the noodles for 2mins.Switch off the flame and Serve hot!
Easy hakka noodles ready, serve hot with tomato ketchup!
My Notes :
- Add oil to boiling water so that the noodles dont stick to each other once cooked. You can also add chilli sauce while adding soya sauce.
- After the veggies are added dont overcook as the veggies will become very soft. The veggies should be crunchy not soft.
- If you dont have pasta sauce, you can replace it with the maggi/top ramen masala powder that comes with the packet.
Labels: Breakfast Ideas, Chinese Recipes, Kids Corner, Other Breakfast Recipes, Pasta and Noodles Recipes