The first time I tasted peanut butter was at my friends place and I totally disliked the taste. Then once during one chat session with my cousin sis, she mentioned about the taste and health benefits of peanut butter, so thought I should give a try once again and bought a small pack of peanut butter. It comes in 2 varieties crunchy(bits of peanuts here and there) and creamy(no bits very creamy). To my surprise my lil one luved it, whenever she sees the container even after it got finished she would identify and ask for it. So this urged me to try peanut butter at home. This can be done in a jiffy if roasted peanuts are ready. It was so creamy and tasty sure better than the store bought ones as it was minus added preservatives and loaded flavors.
The texture totally depends on your taste, as I made this specifically for my lil one I made it as a creamy version. The crunchy version tastes too gud too.So no more store bought peanut butter :)
- Peanuts(unsalted) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Dry roast the peanuts in a tawa till the skin tends to be crispy and nice aroma comes.
- Cool it and then peel of the skin. I usually take a handful of peanuts, rub it with both the hands and blow off the skin...repeat the process for the 1 cup, this way its easy to peel off the skin.
- Now add the peanuts, honey, sugar, salt and oil in a mixie/food processor and grind them for few minutes till they turn into a paste like consistency.
- Transfer to a clean container, use clean spoon everytime. Enjoy as a spread for bread or eat it as such :)
Facts and health benefits about Peanut Butter: [Source : Google]
- One of the health benefits of peanut butter is the amount of fiber found in each serving.
- In addition to being every kid's (and many grownup kid's) favorite sandwich filling, peanuts pack a serious nutritional punch and offer a variety of health benefits.
- Peanut butter contains fairly high quantities of dietary fiber, amounting to about 8%, which again helps in regulating both blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- While the nutritional content of various brands will differ slightly, the bottom line is that there are a number of benefits of peanut butter. In order to get the most benefit, you may want to consider making your own peanut butter at home. This will provide a boost in the nutritional value you derive from the product.
- Many reasons some avoid peanut butter is due to it being high in calories with a fat content of many calories and several grams of fat per two tablespoon serving. You will be happy to know that the majority of the fat in peanut butter is monounsaturated a type of fat that lowers the risk of heart disease.
- One of the benefits of peanut butter that many people are unaware of is the presence of resveratrol; this agent has anti-microbial properties that help the body to effectively deal with bacteria and various types of fungi.
My Notes :
- The consistency and texture totally depends on our taste. You can make it even more thick by reducing oil to 1/2 tbsp.
- Once it is grinded to a paste just use the whip option if u are using mixie and whip it 2-3 times to bring everything together easily.
- Dont add more oil, once u start grinding the peanuts will leave oil too.
- For the crunchy version just grind it such that its a paste with bits of peanuts, ie in a coarse form.
Isnt it easy?! Even ur lil ones will be happy to help u in making this.....It is indeed a childs play so give them a chance!
Labels: Bread based, Dips and Chutneys, In 15mins, Pickles and Other Spreads