After about 35 days of living with the dust and the smell of paint, all our music was the driller machines sound all these days......Yes finally the interior work is over and we are totally relieved though few works are pending which are very minor. I tell you, it isnt that easy to get things done after occupying.....the house was in a total mess all these days and we are in the process of slowly arranging things.
About this carrot juice recipe, amma learnt it from our neighbor.Once when it was served, we were clueless that it was from carrots, first we asked was it rasna? we were totally surprised to know that it was carrot juice. It is not only healthy but tasty at the same time, with lemon juice it tastes close to fanta minus the foodcolors and soda. I can hear you...this not orange juice and still why do you call it fanta - the color and tangy taste is close to it hence the name.
- Carrots - 2 medium sized cut into small
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Lemon - 1
- Ginger - 1/4 inch piece [optional - I didnt add]
1.Add carrots and ginger(if you are adding) in a blender/mixer with water and blend it until its crushed well. Blend it for 2 times to extract the pulp completely.Now strain it using a strainer and press the pulp with a spoon, so that the juice is extracted completely.
2.Then add lemon juice(taking care to omit the seeds), sugar, salt and mix well.Refrigerate for 30mins and serve chilled. You can make it in bulk, store in a clean bottle and refrigerate, it stays well upto a week.
My Notes :
- If your carrots are sweet enough, then you can reduce sugar to 1/2 tsp or omit the sugar completely.
- For the above mentioned quantity, it serves 2 small glasses(as in the pic). I picked fresh tender carrots to get the nice orangey color, guess it worked out :)
- You can make this juice and refrigerate, it keeps well for about a week. Carrots with a dash of lemon makes it all the more healthy and tasty.
- The recipe calls for ginger, but its purely optional. I sometimes omit it to relish the true taste close to fanta :)
Its truely a tongue tickling drink with the sweetness of sugar and the tanginess lemon brings in. Try this refreshing drink and enjoy yourself. Stay tuned for the next post - Homemade Pizza with stepwise.
Labels: Breakfast Ideas, In 15mins, Juices