I was waiting to try muffins once I got my muffin pan.First of all, it wasnt easy for me to get the muffin pan then came the pain of getting the liners for the muffins. The ones I got and have used here are very thin so used 2 liners for each muffin(yes just for the pics sake :))
Muffins are easy to make and have the advantage of flopping very rarely. Also it bakes quickly atleast most of them and does not make us wait long to dig in :)
Eggless Dates Walnut Muffins - Ingredients
- Maida/APF - 1 cup (135 gms)
- Chopped Dates - 1/4 cup packed (10 to 12)
- Milk - 1 cup (250 ml)
- Butter - 2.5 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup(55 gms) - 1 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Walnuts roughly broken - 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp (or) Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
I was very much thrilled to try muffins for the first time and to my surprise it turned out well too. The above mentioned quantity gives 6 large muffins. It doesnt need any extra frosting, I just topped them with chopped walnuts for the extra look for the pics :O This is one easy recipe, just fold in all the ingredients together with the exact measurements and your yummy muffins are ready in no time without any extra effort - Perfect for the lazy me and the main thing is that its a low fat version too.
This is for sure a must try for all dates lovers. The muffins were very delicious....Isnt that interesting?! No eggs and yet the muffins turned out good.
- If you dont want to add butter then add 4 - 5 tbsp oil in total for this recipe.
- You can even top it with nutella for extra yum.
- I forgot to grease the liners, grease it with oil so that the muffins come out clean.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Cakes and Cookies, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cakes, eggless muffins