I love pizza...who doesnt?! I was postphoning this veg pizza recipe just for the reason that I had to write more ;) Also I wanted to compile all the pics with stepwise, and the variations. And with no doubt this recipe is a keeper but I made adjustments here and there each time and finally found the recipe for perfect pizzas, So no more pizzas from restaurants.
I have tried 2 versions one the normal one which I have posted here...the other one low fat with whole wheat flour which I will post later. I am yet to post paneer tikka pizza which will be soon.
I have added onion, capsicum and corn here, you can have variations as per your liking. You can add paneer, mushroom, olives ,broccoli...the variations are endless....Be creative and use your own variations.
Veg Pizza Recipe
Preparation Time:20 mins | Cooking Time : 25mins | Makes:2 small pizzas
All purpose flour/Maida - 1 and 1/2 cups
Active dry yeast - 1 tbsp
Milk - 1/4 cup + 1tbsp for brushing
Water - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 tblsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Recipe Category: Chaat | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
For the topping:
Pizza / Pasta Sauce - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1/2 chopped
Capsicum - 1.5 tbsp cubed in each color
Sweet Corn kernels - 1/4 cup
Grated mozarella cheese - 1/4 cup grated
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Boil water first in a wide vessel and keep aside.When it is warm add yeast and sugar.Let it aside for few mins it will start bubbling up then yeast is active else start with another fresh batch of yeast.In a mixing bowl add milk, salt and oil...whisk it well.
- Now add yeast mixture to the milk oil and mix well.Now add the flour.After adding the flour, gather to get a smooth pilable dough. No need to knead completely just bring it together that is enough. Keep covered till an hour or 2, preferably in a warm place for best results.
- When u check after an hr, the dough would have been raised.Now punch it down incase for any air bubbles and then keep aside in a warm place. I divided the dough into to make 2 small pizzas.Grease a baking tray with little oil. Keep the dough on the tray, and roll the dough a little thick.Just press the inside with your finger to get a impression as shown below to get a small depthness as shown below.Preheat the oven for 210 degree Celsius for 10mins.
- Prick the base with fork to make sure of even cooking(optional I didnt do it). Spread the pizza sauce, I used the readymade pizza sauce.First add half of grated cheese then arrange the toppings - I've used onion, sweet corn,color capsicum.Then add remaining grated cheese.
- Brush the sides of the pizza with little milk to get browning easily.Then bake in preheated oven for 15- 20 mins,till the base turns golden brown and the cheese completely melts.After removing from oven add oregano, chilli flakes cut into wedges and enjoy!
Cut the pizzas with pizza cutter/knife, make wedges and enjoy hot and yummy pizza :)
Serve hot! And its pizza time now , now lets dig in :))
- The dough shouldnt be sticky...if so then ur dough is watery so add in a little more flour.
- Usually I roll the dough in the baking tray itself, this way its messfree as u need not transfer from one to another carefully.
- If you cut a tiny area with a knife, u can see if its cooked fully by seeing the bread like texture.Mine gets done usually in 20mins, check at 15mins then proceed with the extra 5mins.
- You can even lay aluminium foil or butter paper on the try and then roll the dough on it.
- If you are using instant yeast no need to proof it, add it along with milk and water and just mix it.
- You can even use egg white to brush along the sides to get browning easily.If you dont use egg, then use milk.
- As my oven tray is small, I always divide the dough into 2 and make 2 pizzas. If your tray is big then roll the rntire dough to get a large pizza.
- It is again a no fail recipe.The only thing to keep in mind is the measurements and the yeast activeness.With the measurement specified above , u can make 2 small pizzas too, it tastes equally gud. If you are opting for one then u will get a big pizza a little bigger in radius than the ones u get in pizzahut.
- I used Amul pizza cheese and Bluebird brand active dry yeast both I got from Nilgiris.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Bread based, Italian Cuisines, Other Baking, Paneer Dishes, Pizza Recipes, Step by Step Recipe