Bored of aval upma and looking for quick guilt free evening snack this is just perefect for you! I havent deep fried as in the orginal recipe instead toasted it and made it like rotis/tikkis :)
- Thin aval / poha - 1 cup
- Bread - 3 slices [I used wheat bread]
- Onion 1 medium sized, chopped finely
- Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies 1 chopped finely
- Rice flour - 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to toast
- Soak poha in 1/2 cup water for 10 mins(not more than that if its thin poha) or until soft. Dip bread in little water, squeeze out water and add it to poha.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients to this and mix well to form a thick mixture.Make small balls and flatten them to discs of 1/4 inch thickness.
- Add oil in a pan just enough to toast and toast them until slightly browned on both the sides. They arent very crispy like the deep fried ones but softer and tastier.
NOTE : You can alternatively deep fry them too as in the orginal recipe.
After flattening them using your hands you can even cut out perfect round shapes using a small lid. But I didnt do it and thats y the irregular circles :) Isnt that a quick and interesting snacky? Do try out and am sure these rotis will not disappoint you.
Labels: In 15mins, Poha Recipes, Teatime snacks