Carrot Kheer (Carrot Payasam) | Easy Desserts

Carrot Kheer is my fav...As I've mentioned so many times, I just love carrots, be it carrot juice or carrot milkshake or this kheer I am very tempted. 
Carrot Kheer Recipe
Ingredients:
  • Carrot - 4 medium sized
  • Milk - 2 cups
  • Sugar - 4 tsp
  • Ghee - 1 tsp
  • Cashew - 2 tsp broken
  • Saffron - 2 strands
  • Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)

Carrot Kheer Recipe
Method:
1.Heat ghee in a pan, add the cashews and fry them to golden brown and keep aside.Pressure cook carrots for 3 whistles and grind it to a smooth paste. Keep aside. 
Carrot Kheer Recipe - Step1
2.In the same pan, saute boiled carrot paste until the raw smell completely leaves.Then add milk, and mix well. Add milk and stir well.
Carrot Kheer Recipe - Step2
3.Add sugar and Cook for 5-7 mins until the kheer becomes thick. Keep stirring. Crush saffron and add it.
Carrot Kheer Recipe - Step3
4.Now add cardamom powder(if you are adding), ghee roasted cashews and stir well. Keep stirring till it becomes thick to kheer consistency.Switch off, serve hot or cold as per your choice!
Carrot Kheer Recipe - Step1
The milk tends to absorb the carrots very well and since its simmered and cooked, the milk is thickened which gives a yummy taste.

I like it cold and hubby likes it hot. I can never forget the incident when I tried this for the first time, I just tried only for 1 cup of glass. I gave hubby to taste it which he thought it was offered to him fully and enjoyed it completely only later he realised noone else even tasted the kheer so whenever I make this I pull his leg with this incident :)
Carrot Kheer Recipe
Tags: carrot payasam, carrot kheer, easy payasam recipes, payasam recipes, carrot kheer preparation, carrot payasam recipe, carrot payasam with condensed milk, carrot recipes

Labels: , ,