Chocolate cake is my fav so love to try different versions of it, though this moist chocolate cake is always my fav and only now I have perfected it after so many tries.
This chocolate cake with eggs is the recipe I saw from Nithis space and bookmarked it. Having confirming it with her twice(becos
most of my choc cake attempts fail for the first time), I baked it for my friends before leaving Chennai. This cake is a keeper as this is the first time I am getting a perfect chocolate cake in my first try...I gave her link to my sisinlaw, she too tried it and gave me good feedback. So to me this is sure a no fail recipe and as her caption says it is perfect chocolate cake.
The first time I remember calling Nithya was to ask about the muffin pans and never felt I am talking to her for the first time. I've always admired her presentation skills the area I struggle so much. And I'm glad to have known such a creative and friendly person.The strain she takes for every post OMG I can never imagine to go that extra mile anytime. Kudos to you Nithi!
- Maida - 1 and 3/4 cups (235 gms)
- Eggs - 2
- Milk - 1 cup (250 ml)
- Cooking Oil - 1/2 cup (125 ml)
- Boiling water - 1 cup (250 ml)
- Powdered sugar - 1 and 1/2 cups (240 gms)
- Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup (100 gms)
- Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
- Baking soda - 1.5 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
- In a bowl, sift together maida, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder atleast twice to ensure even spreading.Then add sugar and mix well.
- In a seperate bowl,Beat eggs till fluffy, add milk, oil, boiling water and vanilla essence and beat well using a whisk or electric mixer.
- Now add the maida cocoa mixture in parts to the egg milk mixture and mix well making sure no lumps are formed. The batter is little runny.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and flour the baking pan and pour the batter and bake it at 180°C for 30-35mins. Check if a fork inserted comes out clean, then your cake is done.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 mins and then slice it into pieces. The cake is ready to have it as such or frost it.
- I dont prefer frosting so made frosting just for a piece of cake alone with 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp cocoa powder and 2 tsp sugar.
- This cake measurement is actually for a layer cake type with 2 cake pans but since I wanted it plain and small I measured with a small cup accordingly. So if you are planning to use 200gms as 1 cup then you may need 2 cake pans.
- The batter is runny but after getting baked its perfect. The cake was very soft and did raise well.
The texture and softness of this cake is simply stunning that you cant stop with one piece. And I am sure this would be close to the bakery ones if made layers and frosted. Have in mind to give it a try but dono when?!
New year is fast approaching and it seems to me like 2010 went so fast. I pray for good health and prosperity for all in the coming year too.
Wishing you all a very happy new year 2011 !!
Labels: Baked Goodies, Cakes and Cookies, Cakes with eggs, Christmas Recipes, FestiveSpecials