I know most of us love chocolates, but I like sweets more than chocolates. I had seen a video so wanted to give a try and for this reason got a tin of condensed milk....hmm ok I agree, I had few eggless cakes in mind too :) Christmas is round the corner and so here I am with these easy no cook homemade chocolates as a first treat.
I like and respect the way each festival is celebrated with their own customs and traditions.Been brought up in a Christian institution Christmas was also a part of me. I am fond of watching the crib decoration , the christmas tree, the santa clause, the star being tied outside each house, the yummy cakes and the elaborate meal which includes the special biriyani and what not?! I used to even visit churches with my close friend during our college days and have special lunch served at her place. Last year we even hanged a star in our home and am planning to do it this year too :)
- Milk Maid - 1/4 cup
- Drinking Chocolate - 2.5 tbsp
- Icing Sugar - 2.5 tbsp
- Coco Powder - 3/4 tbsp
- Milk Powder - 2 tbsp
- Mixed nuts - 1 tbsp broken [optional]
- First mix drinking chocolate, coco powder, milk powder and icing sugar well till all are evenly mixed.
- Next add the condensed milk little by little to the above milk powder mixture and mix well. It will form a slightly sticky dough.
- Grease your palm with little butter, Pinch a small portion from the dough and roll them into balls or required shapes. You can add nuts inside and roll them into balls too. Garnish few nuts on top for the extra crunchy taste.
- Refrigerate them for an hour or two and your chocolates are ready to be served. Enjoy eating!!
These homemade chocolates are very easy to make which takes only around 30mins for the whole process excluding refrigerating time. To be frank these were not exactly like the shop bought ones but sure did not fail to please any chocolate lover. Proof is my daughter who was wandering around the fridge till the chocolates got emptied. Since this is the first time I am trying, I halved the recipe and got around 8-10 small chocolates....It depends on size and shape we make too.
Isnt that easy?! Just mix, refrigerate and your chocolates are ready in no time. It is as simple and easy as it sounds there is no complicated steps, so anyone can try this. I luv the nuts in chocolates so all my share of chocolates had nuts in it both inside and outside :)
Labels: Christmas Recipes, Desserts, FestiveSpecials, In 15mins