Mutter Paneer is one recipe which I recently tried and have had a great satisfaction with the taste.There is no proper source for this recipe as I saw this in a TV show then from a book, finally I mixed up these 2 and came up with my version of mutter paneer masala which suits our taste. I always wonder how restaurant gravies alone are so creamy and tasty. Later I found that cream does the magic and gives a richness to the gravy, if you dont have fresh cream alternatively you can use milk too.
Mutter Paneer Masala - Ingredients:
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Paneer - 1/2 cup cubed
Peas - 1/2 cup [I used fresh peas]
Fresh Cream / Milk - 2 tbsp [I used malai, ie top of milk(paal aadai)]
Jeera - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp (chopped finely)
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Onion - 2 small cut lengthwise
Tomatoes - 2 medium sized
Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
Cloves - 1
Cashews - 6
Oil - 2 tsp
- Take all the ingredients listed under 'to grind' in a mixer and grind it to a fine paste,Set aside.In a pan heat butter + oil add jeera , let it splutter.
- Then add ginger garlic paste saute till golden then add onion tomato paste, then add red chilli powder,coriander powder and garam masala powders.
- Add required salt and let it cook for few mins until raw smell leaves and becomes a thick sauce.
- Now add 1 cup water and let it boil for 2mins.Add peas,
- Mix once and pressure cook for 2 whistles.Once pressure releases open and let the gravy boil for few mins until oil separates.
- Now add fresh cream and let it boil.Meanwhile toast the paneer cubes in dosa tawa till golden with little oil.
- Now add toasted paneer and mix well.Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off.
I am sure you will also be surprised like me with this creamy mutter paneer masala, it is very tasty and sure a better alternative to the usual Paneer Butter Masala.
- For peas or any green vegetable to stay green, after pressure cook release the pressure manually and open it. This way the veggies will stay green while adding in gravies - Got this tip from my cousin and it worked too.
- Fresh cream gives a nice flavour to the gravy giving it a restaurant taste. You can use milk too replacing cream and it gives a nice flavor too.
- This gravy goes well with any dry rice like fried rice/ pulao or even with naan/rotis. After I tried this I prefer this to PB masala. I really regret for not trying this for all these days, and am glad I tried this now atleast :)
Labels: Gravies for Rotis, North Indian, Paneer Dishes, peas recipes