I baked these biscuits last week and these biscuits were a instant hit at home. I had valentines day in mind so planned for this post in advance :) I love jim jam biscuits and this one was no exception to it.
U want & u get, that's luck,
U want & u wait, that's time.
U want but u compromise, that's life.
U want & u wait & u don't compromise that's LOVE!!
Happy Valentines Day!!
Eggless Hearty Jam Biscuits Recipe
Low fat Recipe (with my modifications):
- Maida - 1 cup (135 gms)
- Custard Powder - 3/4 cup
- Thick Curd - 1/4 cup
(60 ml) (adjust according to the dough consistency)
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup (80 gms)
- Cornflour - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- Mixed Fruit Jam - As required
Orginal recipe Ingredients :
- Maida - 3/4 cup (100 gms)
- Vanilla custard powder - 3/4 cup (100 gms)
- Corn flour - 4 tbsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup (100 gms)
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup (80 gmd
- Curd - 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Jam - 2 tbsp
NOTE : I have given the recipe with modifications that I tried and the orginal recipe. Choose as per your preference :)
- Mix maida, cornflour and custard powder, keep aside.Soft butter, add sugar to it and cream well. Then add curd, vanilla essence and beat well until creamy.
- Then add custard powder mixture to the butter sugar mixture and make it to soft dough. If your dough is sticky add little maida to make it a soft pilable dough.
- Roll the dough on a flat surface using chapathi roller for about 5mm thickness. Then cut out shapes using cookie cutter. Collect the remaining dough and repeat the process.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile make a small dent in the middle of all the biscuits using a small round lid and apply a very thin layer of jam in it.Arrange it in a baking tray with aluminium foil lined.
- Bake it for 12-15mins at 180 deg C. Allow it to cool and store them in airtight container.
- As I reduced the butter and replaced it with curd, the biscuits slightly puffed up, oozing out jam. So in the next batch I applied a very thin layer of jam.So dont add more jam it will surely ooze out.
- Though the butter is reduced, the crispness is perfect. The only difference I found with reducing butter was that the biscuits started to soften after 3 days. I'm sure it will stay crispy for more time when the orginal mentioned quantity of butter is added.
- I used mixed fruit jam, you can use your favorite flavour of jam. But mixed fruit went well with the custard powder flavour.
I am sure this is a kid pleaser as my lil one enjoyed it to the core. Though she first licked only the jam, later she liked the taste of the biscuits too.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Cakes and Cookies, Christmas Recipes, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cookies, FestiveSpecials