Oats, Dates and Almonds Milkshake

I am very much impressed with saffola oats advertisement and the additional attraction was the recipe book. Yes the main reason for me to get saffola oats is this free recipe book. The book has some basic recipes and few interesting recipes as well. This is one such quick filling and tasty drink I tried from that book.
Oats, Dates and Almonds Milkshake Recipe


Oats, Dates and Almonds Milkshake Recipe
Recipe Source : Saffola Oats Recipe Book
Makes 4 small glasses

Ingredients:
  • Oats - 4 tbsp
  • Dates - 10
  • Almonds - 6
  • Milk - 3 cups
Method:
  1. Dry roast oats till a nice nutty aroma comes. Chop almonds and dates roughly.

  2. Grind oats, almonds, dates with milk until a creamy consistency is reached,Refrigerate for 30mins and Serve chilled. Sugar is not needed as the sweetness of dates is just enough.

  3. Garnish with dates and almonds and serve chilled.


Oats, Dates and Almonds Milkshake Recipe

This cannot be called for a recipe but just wanted to share about the combination that can be added with oats to get a tasty breakfast drink.

I searched for a specific brown color chart since the day I started blogging and finally found it in odyssey last month. I was waiting for a chance to use this chart and this was another reason for me to choose this drink for trying :)

This drink is very creamy and thick, when serve chilled its very tasty. You can have this drink after a mild breakfast. The pictures in the book are super tempting so more recipes will be coming up soon.

Oats, Dates and Almonds Milkshake Recipe

Oats being regular in our breakfast menu atleast twice to thrice a week in the form of kanji/porridge I always look for alternatives to the usual oats porridge and this one is apt when there is less time.

Apart from the health benefits I am used and prefer to have such porridge for breakfast than idlis and dosas. I tell you dates oats combination is always a hit either in cakes, cookies or milkshakes and the addition of almonds makes it all the more creamier and tastier.

Attimes when the lunch menu is not my favourite , I sometimes have this drink after lunch to fill my tummy :)

Variations:
  • You can add any fruit of your choice and blend it with oats.
  • Add sugar only if needed as the fruit pulp is also sweet.
Oats, Dates and Almonds Milkshake Recipe

Labels: , , , ,