Vendakai More(Mor) Kuzhambu / Okra Buttermilk Curry

I know most of us have our own version of more kuzhambu, and here is mine which I learnt from my mother. I wanted to have it in my site for future reference so thought to share it here. I like this curry anytime, its quick and tasty with rice.
Vendakai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
Ingredients:
To Roast and grind to a paste:
To Temper:
Vendakai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
Method:
1. Dry roast the ingredients under 'to roast' till golden brown and grind it to a fine paste with little water.
Vendakai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe2. Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai and saute okras till the stickiness is gone. Sprinkle little water and cook the okras until slightly soft. Dont make it soggy. Heat oil in a kadai, add the items under 'to temper' and add it to curd.
Vendakai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
3. Then add the grinded paste,curd and little water as per the desired consistency and mix well.
Vendakai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
Then add turmeric powder, cooked okras and allow it for one boil not more than that. When bubbles start appearing, switch it off.
Vendakai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
Even methu vadai can be added to this kuzhambu, we call it vadai kuzhambu :) It tastes divine when the vadais are nicely dunk in the curry.


My Notes:

Vendakai Mor Kuzhambu Recipe

Labels: