Paneer Bhurji is very easy to prepare.Recently had some home made paneer which was in a semi crumbled state so that was the reason I tried my hands at Paneer Bhurji. I would say its vegetarian scrambled egg :) Its mild yet flavourful and goes well with rotis and rice too.
- Paneer - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato - 1/2 chopped (I dont like tomato pieces much so reduced you can add 1 whole tomato too)
- Capsicum - 1 finely chopped
- Green chillies - 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder - a generous pinch
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera(Cumin seeds) - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1tbsp to garnish
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- First crumble paneer well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai add jeera allow it to crackle. Now add onion, green chillies and tomato then saute for few mins until onions turn golden brown and tomatos are slightly mushy.
- Now add capsicum and saute for 3mins. Then add salt, turmeric, red chilli, garam masala powder and mix well. Capsicum should be firm and crunchy.
- Now add the crumbled paneer and saute for 2mins until the masalas get blended with the paneer.Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve warm with rotis or use in a sandwich.
Do you want to know how I used my paneer bhurji, then stay tuned to check the post that is coming up soon :)
Labels: Gravies for Rotis, Kolambu and Sambars for rice, North Indian, Paneer Dishes, Step by Step Recipe, Veggies