I have tasted paneer balls from Nilgiris and was wondering what ingredients went in to make these tasty balls. But I knew potato and panner were the main ingredients so gave a try and instantly loved it.
- Paneer - 1 cup
- Bread - 3 slices
- Potato - 1/2 (just for binding)
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Rava - 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as required
- Crumble the paneer well. Knead it for 5mins until well combined. Boil potatoes until soft and combine with paneer,add required salt and keep aside.
- Cut the corner of the bread slices, sip it in water and add it to crumbled paneer . then add all the other ingredients except oil and combine to form a smooth dough just enough to roll into balls.
- Now pinch equal sized balls and roll them into small balls and deep fry them in oil(I used my paniyaram pan to toast them to reduce oil)
- It is a very easy and interesting snack/starter idea. I have seen this in nilgiris in the name of paneer balls.
- Alternatively you can dip the balls in maida water paste , them cover them with breadcrumbs as we do for veg cutlets and then deep fry or toast them.
Labels: Bread based, Paneer Dishes, potato recipes, Teatime snacks