Pesarattu Recipe - Andhra Pesarattu Dosai (Whole Green Gram Dosa)

Pesarattu Recipe

Pesarattu is my favourite since my childhood days as amma makes it atleast once in a month. It is very filling and tasty for breakfast.I am here with my friday post in advance as I am leaving to my aunts place tommorrow :) So no access to net for the next 3 days kind of good as atleast for 3 days my fingers, eyes and my camera will be in rest ;)

Pesarattu Recipe

Pesarattu Recipe

Preparation Time:8 hrs | Cooking Time : 5 mins / dosa | Serves:2
Recipe Category: Drinks | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian

Whole green gram(Paasi payaru) - 1 cup
Green chillies - 2
Onion - 1 medium sized chopped finely
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
Garlic - 5 (optional)
Coriander leaves- a handful
Hing - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Water - as required

Method1:

  1. Soak green gram(paasi paruppu) overnight or atleast for 8hrs. Next day rinse it well then drain water and grind it with ginger,green chillies, coriander leaves and with required water to a smooth paste.
    How to make pesarattu - Step1
  2. Add water to make to dosa batter consistency.Heat a dosa tawa, take a laddle full of batter and spread it thin like dosa.While its still cooking add chopped onion. Sprinkle oil on the sides and turn over and cook on both sides.
    How to make pesarattu - Step2
Your pesarattu dosai is ready to be served. Tastes best with coconut chutney.

Method 2:

My Notes:

Pesarattu Recipe

Labels: ,