Cookies are always my favorite slightly crunchy and soft making it perfect to pair with a cup of coffee. I've already made oats cookies and this is a total different version I tried from Litebite long back. I like these cookies for its simplicity and easiness to make......
Almond Oats Cookies Recipe
- Almond powdered - 1/4 cup
- Oats - 1 cup
- Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1/4 cup
- Curd - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla/Almond essence - 1/2 tsp
- Powder the almonds using a mixer to a coarse powder and keep aside. Then powder oats to a fine powder.
- In a wide bowl, mix oats with wheat flour, powdered almonds, honey and essence. Add curd little by little to make a soft dough which should hold together easily. If 2tbsp isnt enough add little more till it forms a dough.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrapper and refrigerate for 1hr.
- Pinch small sized balls , make them into smooth balls then flatten them a little with your palm and then press with a fork to flatten a little more and to get the lines
- Arrange them in a baking tray lined wit butter paper/cookie sheet such that there is atleast 2 inches gap between each cookie
Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins and bake them for 15-20mins. Check after 15mins, the bottom and the sides turns slightly browned.
- The cookies at this stage is softer but dont overbake them it will harden after cooling down. The cookies are slightly crispy and more crunchier in texture.
- Adjust adding curd , add it little by little till it forms a dough. Honey with almonds and oats gives a nice flavour to the cookies
- Do not be tempted to overbake the cookies seeing the texture once removed from the oven. Just confirm by checking the sides and bottom. If you overbake then the cookies will be hard
- The orginal recipe called for almond meal which can be prepared by washing them, drying them and then powdering to a coarse powder in a blender.
- You can use powdered sugar replacing honey, but sure honey gives an extra flavour
- You can flatten the cookies even more thinner and bake them for a little lower time say 12-15mins
Since I baked these cookies, its been regular as its low in fat and mainly very easy to fold in all the ingredients....tada you are done with your cookies. Perfect with a cup of coffee as its mildy sweet.
Lookwise its a bit crumbly but I powdered my oats and almonds to a little powdery form so my cookies were smooth.
Baking cookies always cheer me up as the first baked item in my oven was cookies and the first thing I messed up was the same cookies :) So whenever I get them right I feel proud and happy :)
Labels: Baked Goodies, Cakes and Cookies, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cookies