Mango pachadi(Mangai pachadi) is my fav, esp with curd rice....the combination is so so tasty. This is the method amma follows, so the recipe is from her.The tanginess in the mangoes, sweetness from the jaggery, the spiceness from the chillies...all blended together...yummmm!!
Maanga Pachadi Recipe:
- Raw mango - 1 medium sized (1.5 cups chopped)
- Powdered Jaggery - 1/3 cup heaped(I used paagu vellam)
- Salt - as required
- Coconut grated - 2.5 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilliies - 2 slitted into half
- Curry leaves - few
- Hing(perungayam) - a pinch
- Oil - 2 tsp
1.Wash the mangoes, peel off the skin and chop them into small pieces.Transfer this to a pressure cooker along with turmeric powder and little water say 1/4 cup.Pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles or until soft.
Tangy yummy pachadi is ready. You can have it with curd rice or even sambar rice.
- Alternatively you can add rice flour water paste too to thicken the mixture. If you are planning to store for 2 days then use rice flour paste instead of coconut.Do not add more rice flour , it will change the taste of the pachadi.
- You can even boil the mangoes in a container if you want it more in piece form. I always pressure cook it as we love the jam consitency.
- The ultimate combination is with curd rice, try once and see and am sure you will thank me for it :)
- Choose a mango that is slightly ripe, which is apt for this pachadi. The color of the pachadi totally depends on the amount of turmeric powder and the jaggery variety.I used paagu vellam so got a darker shade.
Labels: Chutneys, Dips and Chutneys, Mango Recipes, Pickles and Other Spreads, Raw Mango Recipes, tamil new year recipes