I have seen and tasted cup pizza at Nilgiris and I badly wanted to try it with the normal pizza dough recipe. Fortunately when I saw the bread cup channa chat recipe at Nithis space, I took the idea of bread cups from there and took the short route of making the bread cup pizza :) I also tried the channa in bread cups as in the orginal recipe and I luved both of them. As the cup pizza ingredients are instant and readily available in most of our kitchens, I almost make these cup pizzas everytime I buy bread.
As I have mentioned in this space so many times, I luv bread in any form so this adds another feather to the cap :)
Bread Cup Pizza Ingredients:
- Bread(white or wheat) - 3 slices
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Capsicum - a handful finely chopped
- Onion - a handful finely chopped
- Pizza sauce - 2 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Cheese - 2 tbsp ( as required to cover the topping)
- First cut the edges of the bread. Now cut circles using a round cookie cutter or a container lid. Flatten the bread circles using a chappathi roller. Dont try to stretch too much, just flatten a bit.
- Apply butter slightly on both sides of the circles. Now spread the pizza sauce in the 3 slices and then gently fit in the muffin pan. I didnt grease the muffin pan.
- As shown in the below pic I left three bread cups empty to bake and then after baking filled it up with channa masala.
- For the remaining 3 breadcups for making bread cup pizza, add capsicum, onion on top of the pizza sauce. Grate the cheese over it then finally add tomato sauce in each of the cups.
- Preheat the oven to 190 deg C and bake it for 10-12mins until the bread turns slightly golden brown at the corners.My bread cups were done exactly in 12mins. They were firm and cripsy to hold the filling.
Bread Channa Cups Ingredients:
- Bread(milk or wheat) - 3 slices
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 finely chopped
- Chat Chutneys - 1 tbsp in each (optional) - I had no stock so didnt add :)
- Channa Masala - 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 3 tsp
For assembling the Channa Cups:
- Once the bread cups are done, add channa masala with less gravy as it will make the bread cups soggy.
- Then add the onions, drizzle the dates and green chutney if you are adding and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Your bread channa cup chat is ready :)
- The filling is endless you can even add paneer, babycorn , tomato etc as we do for normal pizzas
- If you are using wheat bread, check carefully after 10mins as the browning doesnt show up clearly as in white bread
- If you use milk bread variety then flattening it will crumble the bread so flatten it slightly or even fit it in the muffin pan without flattening it
- It is easy to hold and eat and truely fancy to attract the kids
- You can also use the bread as such with the edges, no need to trim it. It tastes good even with the bread edges, I have tried that way too.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Bread based, In 15mins, Other Baking, Pizza Recipes, Teatime snacks