Sweet corn soup is my fav other than that I like tomato soup
. The sudden change of chill climate makes me crave for something hot and this soup perfectly fits the bill. Its easy and tasty, do try and see.
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 5 minutes | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Soup | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
American Sweet Corn Cob - 1/2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Oregano - a pinch
Water - 1/2 cup
Corn Flour - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Pressure cook the corn for 5-6 whistles or until soft with a cup of water. After the pressure releases, take the corn cobs and shred the kernels completely.Grind the corns kernels with 1/4 cup water to a thick paste. Reserve few for garnishing.Take a sauce pan add the corn paste, allow it to boil for 3mins. Add remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Then add milk, corn flour and mix well without any lumps(You can even dilute cornflour in water then add). Allow it to boil for 2 mins until the soup is thick. Switch off and add pepper powder and oregano.
Garnish with remaining corn kernels and serve hot with soup sticks or bread.
- Adding soya sauce gives a nice flavour to the soup, if you wish you can add 1/8 tsp, dont add more it will change the flavour and color of the soup. If you have vegetable stalk, add it instead of water.
- Adjust water according to the thick consistency of the soup.
- Spring onions / coriander leaves can also be added for garnishing.
- After adding corn flour the soup thickens faster so adjust water accordingly at this stage.
Labels: Soups, Sweet Corn Recipes