Raw Mango Rice / Mangai Sadam Recipe

Raw Mango Rice
Raw Mango Rice is my fav...I love all tangy rice varieties like puliyodharai,lemon rice etc. I love this rice with little sweet taste so I always choose slightly ripe mango :)

I am taking a off tomorrow so my weekend starts from tomorrow itself :) Its a great relief actually as I've planned few pending works to be completed this weekend and now having 3 days in hand I've to utilise it.This time not much on the cooking front for sharmis passions so my drafts should speak for few more weeks :) When I saw this recipe from a tamil magazine I instantly wanted to try, as it looked flavourful and tempting. And it didnt disappoint me at all, yummy tangy rice ready.

This is sure a easy variety rice which is quick fix for lunch. Potato chips or papad is a nice combination for manga sadam. There are lot of ways this manga sadam can be done but recently I found this recipe suiting to our family taste so this is going to be my keeper :)

Have a nice happening weekend and see you all on Monday.....!
Raw Mango Rice

Manga Sadam Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: South India

Cooked Rice - 1 cups
Raw mango (skin peeled and grated) - 1 (comes to 3/4 cup after grating)
Cooking Oil - 1 tbsp

To temper:

Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Peanuts - 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves - a small sprig
Dry red chillies, broken - 2
Hing(Perungayam) - a generous pinch
Turmeric powder - a pinch

Method:

  1. Wash the mango, peel off the skin.Grate it using a grater and set aside.Heat oil in a pan - add mustard seeds let it splutter then add all the other ingredients listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.How to make raw mango rice - Step1
  2. When the dals get slightly browned, and peanuts are roasted well, add grated raw mango.Add turmeric powder and saute for few mins till it is dry.
    How to make raw mango rice - Step2
  3. Add salt and keep sauteing until it collects to thick pulp and it will be slightly shiny in texture it may take 5-7 mins. This is the correct stage. Switch off.Add it to cooked rice and mix well.
    How to make raw mango rice - Step3
Serve hot / warm with papad or chips!

My Notes:

Raw Mango Rice

Labels: , , , ,