Raw Mango Rice is my fav...I love all tangy rice varieties like puliyodharai,lemon rice etc. I love this rice with little sweet taste so I always choose slightly ripe mango :)
I am taking a off tomorrow so my weekend starts from tomorrow itself :) Its a great relief actually as I've planned few pending works to be completed this weekend and now having 3 days in hand I've to utilise it.This time not much on the cooking front for sharmis passions so my drafts should speak for few more weeks :) When I saw this recipe from a tamil magazine I instantly wanted to try, as it looked flavourful and tempting. And it didnt disappoint me at all, yummy tangy rice ready.
This is sure a easy variety rice which is quick fix for lunch. Potato chips or papad is a nice combination for manga sadam. There are lot of ways this manga sadam can be done but recently I found this recipe suiting to our family taste so this is going to be my keeper :)
Have a nice happening weekend and see you all on Monday.....!
Manga Sadam Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves : 2
Cooked Rice - 1 cups
Raw mango (skin peeled and grated) - 1 (comes to 3/4 cup after grating)
Cooking Oil - 1 tbsp
Recipe Category: Lunch | Recipe Cuisine: South India
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Peanuts - 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves - a small sprig
Dry red chillies, broken - 2
Hing(Perungayam) - a generous pinch
Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Wash the mango, peel off the skin.Grate it using a grater and set aside.Heat oil in a pan - add mustard seeds let it splutter then add all the other ingredients listed under 'to temper' let it splutter.
- When the dals get slightly browned, and peanuts are roasted well, add grated raw mango.Add turmeric powder and saute for few mins till it is dry.
- Add salt and keep sauteing until it collects to thick pulp and it will be slightly shiny in texture it may take 5-7 mins. This is the correct stage. Switch off.Add it to cooked rice and mix well.
Serve hot / warm with papad or chips!
- Saute well till mositure completely leaves.
- You can roast a tbsp of peanuts and add it finally too.
- Add the mango thooku only after the rice is cooled down.Don't add it hot.
- Cook rice in the ratio 1(rice):3(water) cups, spread it in a plate and let it cool down completely before you add the thokku to it.
Labels: Lunchbox Recipes, Mango Recipes, Raw Mango Recipes, Rice Varieties, variety rice