I havent tasted veg kebabs in restaurants but wanted to give a try at home. We all loved the outcome of the tasty homemade kebabs. I was not satisified with the kebabs pics but had to go with these as I have no time in hand to make it and click again.I was so tired taking the stepwise pics with no leftout energy to click the main pics - Now that justifies the not so good pics he he :)
Veg Seekh Kebabs Recipe:
Makes around 10-12 kebabs
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Boiled Potato - 1
- carrot - 1 grated
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Capsicum - 1 chopped finely
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for brushing
Pressure cook moong dhal until mushy for about 3-4 whistles. Smash it well and add potatoes, ginger garlic paste, chat masala, garam masala , chilli and turmeric powder and mix well.
Heat a tsp of oil in a nonstick pan and add the mixture, keep stirring until the dhal starts turning to golden brown in color.
Add all the veggies : carrot , onion and capsicum, required salt and mix well. Preheat the oven to 220 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile take a skewer and a lemon sized ball from the dough. Stick along the skewer vertically as shown in the pic.
Seal it well so that it doesnt open. Dont make the kebabs thick make a thin layer along the skewers for it cook well inside. Brush oil generously on the kebabs and bake them for 20 to 25mins or until the kebabs turn browned. Turn in between after 15mins to the other side.
Serve hot with green chutney
or tomato sauce accompanied with sliced raw onions, tomato and lemon.
- Make sure to make only a thin layer along the skewers else the inside will not get cooked. I made this mistake for the first test batch of 2 kebabs and made it thin in all other kebabs.
- The kebabs are crispy on the outside and soft inside.
- The above mentioned quantity makes around 10-12 kebabs.
- The mode should be in bake, dont change it to grill as the outcome will be different.
- You can also add bread while adding potatoes.
The kebabs can be deep fried also for those of you who dont own a oven. Make the kebabs as per the same method as above and deep fry them until golden brown.
This is sure a healthy and tasty veg starter that can be easily prepared at home.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Other Baking, Starters, Step by Step Recipe, Teatime snacks, Tikkas and Kebabs