Hope you are enjoying this series as much as I do, please be a part of the voting poll on the sidebar. Its a short break now...No no! I am not taking a break, only this series is taking a short break, will resume this series by next weekend with the remaining teatime drink and a dinner idea. It is sure better than the deep fry way.
Seal it completely on all sides.As I used wheat bread it was a bit difficult to roll it as it was very small too. Try to use sandwich sized breads so that rolling is easier, mine was normal bread.Apply ghee evenly on all sides. Meanwhile preheat oven at 200 deg C for 10mins and bake it at 200 deg C for 15-20mins or till the rolls turn golden brown. Check inbetween and turn over if required. Serve it with tomato ketchup the best combination.
Baked Bread Rolls Recipe
For the stuffing:
- Wheat Bread - 5 slices
- Ghee / Oil - 2 tsp
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Potato - 1 medium sized
- Carrot - 1
- Peas - a handful
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Fennel(Sombu) powder - a pinch (optional)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp chopped finely
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - as required
For the stuffing :
- Cube the veggies and pressure cook them with water and turmeric powder until soft. Keep aside. Mash the potatoes well and combine it with other veggies.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sombu powder, ginger garlic paste, saute for 2mins. Then add chopped onions saute until slightly browned. Then add the veggies, chilli powder and garam masala powder, required salt and give a stir.Sprinkle little water just for the masalas to combine well with the veggies.
- Cook covered for 5mins, giving it a stir inbetween.Switch off and garnish with coriander leaves.Now the stuffing is ready.
For the bread rolls:
First cut the sides of the bread for the 5 slices. Then roll slightly using a chapathi roller, cover it with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 5-10mins.Then add the stuffing inbetween, add water at the edges and seal it.
- The timing differs from oven to oven so check exactly after 15mins then proceed with remaining 5mins.
- If you feel uneven cooking, you can turn over in between like what I did.
- If you want you can add more ghee or butter as per liking.
- The stuffing can be of your choice, you can use mushroom, paneer, corn etc.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Bread based, Healthy Diet Series, Other Baking, Starters, Step by Step Recipe, Teatime snacks