Pineapple Cooler

I love pineapple juice very much, so instantly fell in love with this drink when I tasted it. I made it during summer and it totally satisfied my thirsty craving of my favourite fruit juice.
Pineapple Cooler Recipe
Pineapple Cooler Recipe
Ingredients:
  • Pineapple chopped roughly - 1/2 cup
  • Icecubes - 2
  • Salt - as required
  • Lemon juice - 1 tsp (optional)
  • Milk(preferably cold) - 25 ml
  • Sugar - 3 tsp
  • Soda water - 3 tbsp

Pineapple Cooler Recipe
Method:
  • Pressure cook pineapple pieces for 1 whistle until soft or Stem them until slightly soft.
  • Blend all the other ingredients together with cooked pineapple until frothy in a mixer or blender.
  • Pour into individual glasses and serve chilled.
Pineapple Cooler Recipe
I am always scared by the thorny look of pineapple so I always prefer buying them in fresh cut pieces instead of the full fruit. Pineapple with a hint of salt and chilli powder is a yum combo, do try and see.

My Notes:
  • I was skeptical about adding lemon juice with milk(as I doubted milk will curdle) but went ahead as given in the orginal recipe and the drink was yummy and didnt disappoint me. But still if you are not comfortable adding lemon juice just skip it and proceed.
  • You can skip the steaming/pressure cooking step and make the cooler with raw pineapple itself.
  • You can add honey instead of sugar.
  • As the orginal recipe says, you can also add a pinch of pepper.
Pineapple Cooler Recipe
The creamy frothy pineapple cooler is ready to be served. This can be served as a party welcoming drink too.

I always complain that the froth always doesnt cooperate well till I click but this time I was satisfied :)

Pineapple Cooler Recipe

Labels: , ,