Ada Pradhaman Recipe - Kerala Style Ada Pradhaman Payasam

Ada Pradhaman Recipe
Ada Pradhaman is a traditional payasam made for Onam.Onam sadya is incomplete without this rich ada pradhaman payasam. I have had ada pradhaman many times at my friends place during onam.As I had already mentioned I coudnt use the homemade ada for the payasam as I made the ada last week and it was a tight day for a photoshoot. So I used the store bought ones and made this couple of days back. Check out paalada pradhaman recipe too...However ada prathaman tasted divine........ Happy Onam to all readers who are celebrating!

Ada Pradhaman Recipe

I love both jaggery version and sugar version.With homemade ada I am sure it would taste even more good, so if you have time please try to make ada at home then try this payasam.But if you are like pressed for time then get readymade ada,I used Double Horse brand ada.


Ada Pradhaman Recipe

Ada Pradhaman Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Kerala

Ada - 1/2 cup [Click on it for homemade ada step by step recipe]
Jaggery - 1 cup
Thin Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
Thick Coconut milk - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts - 12
Coconut pieces - 1 tbsp chopped
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Coconut pieces - 1 tbsp (I didnt use)

Method:

  1. I bought the brand named double horse for ada from Nilgiris , later found it was a trusted kerala brand, the store bought ada was very tiny. Soak ada in water for 15mins, then rinse it well.,Boil water(just and then add the ada and cook until soft. It should only be slightly soft as it will again get cooked with the jaggery syrup and coconut milk.Drain water and set aside.
    How to make ada pradhaman - Step1
  2. Now add jaggery syrup.Let it boil until its thick.Now add soaked ada.
    How to make ada pradhaman - Step2
  3. Cook till soft and jaggery syrup is absorbed well.At this stage add thin coconut milk and cook for few mins.
    How to make ada pradhamana - Step3
  4. Let the mixture become thick.Then add first thick coconut milk little by little.I added 1/2 cup at a time.
    How to make ada pradhaman - Step4
  5. Let it cook in sim for 2mins.Add cardamom powder and switch off.
    How to make ada pradhaman - Step5
  6. Meanwhile heat 1 tsp ghee - fry coconut pieces till golden brown , then add cashews and fry till golden , Add coconut pieces and cashews to the payasam.
    How to make ada pradhaman - Step6
  7. Add remaining 1/2 tsp ghee and switch off.
    How to make ada pradhaman - Step7
The flavour of coconut milk with the rice ada tastes divine that I coudnt stop with one cup :) Next n my todo list is the pal ada prathaman with sugar.
Ada Pradhaman Recipe

My Notes:

Ada Pradhaman Recipe

Labels: , , ,