This is a virtual treat for you all for making it happen, Yes!! for the 5 lakh hits for Sharmis Passions. This is not a planned post but wanted to post something special for you'll so came with these brownies which was in my drafts :) What more can you ask when your brownies come guiltfree with the goodness of oats and walnuts. Enjoy!!
When I planned to make brownies I searched my bookmarked recipes and google - As usual my constraint was with a healthier option and looked for the addition of chocolate - Because to me brownies are with melted chocolate flavour and walnuts in it as most of the brownies I've tasted were of that kind :) I found this from sunitas world which was apt for my search so went ahead and totally luved the taste and texture.
Eggless Oats Fudge Brownies - Ingredients
Recipe Reference : Sunitas World
Makes around 10 brownie squares
- Maida - 1 and 1/2 cups (200 gms)
- Oats powdered coarsely - 3/4 cup (70 gms)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Walnut - 3 tbsp chopped
- Choco chips / Cooking chocolate - 150 gms
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cooking oil - 5 tbsp
- Mix maida, coco powder and baking powder and sieve it once. Then add oats powder to it and mix well.
- In another bowl mix oil, sugar and milk, whisk it until sugar completely dissolves.
- Make a well in the center of the maida mixture and add in milk mixture slowly. Fold in the melted chocolate. Whisk it well without any lumps forming. Finally add the chopped walnuts.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile transfer the batter to a greased baking tin and bake it for about 30-35mins.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to check if its cooked then switch off else give another 5minutes but not more than that.
- Cool down completely and then cut into squares and enjoy your healthy brownies.
- The melted chocolate with the goodness of walnut will hide the oats taste so enjoy your guiltfree brownies.
- You can substitute maida with wheat flour as in the orginal recipe for a completely healthier option.
- I used chocolate chips but you can use any cooking chocolate. Melt it using the double boiler method - Boil water in a big bowl and fit another bowl containing chocolate or choco chips over the big bowl. Simmer the flame once the water starts to boil. Once the chocolate is melted completely switch off. Check here for a thumbnail view
- The addition of nuts is purely optional but recommended as the crunchy nuts compliements well with the chocolatey brownies.
- The top layer was slightly fudgy and inside was very soft and yummy.
I've been searching for the cooking chocolate for long and finally found it here in Nilgiris and nuts & spices. I will surely buy only when I have a plan to make chocolate truffles because if I get and reserve it now, my lil one will finish it off before I use it for any baking. This is what happens most of the time for the choco chips :)
When I kept the choco chips for the clicks, I had a tough time as her little hands were reaching for those choco chips now and then.....somehow managed to click these brownies.
I love nuts in any cake either chocolate or vanilla flavoured esp walnuts definitely adds a unique flavour to the cake. So I make sure I use atleast a tbsp of nuts in most of my bakes even when the orginal recipe doesnt call for it ;)
Labels: Baked Goodies, Cakes and Cookies, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cakes