Homemade rice flour is very handy for making indian snacks and also for festive special recipes. So thought to have a record of the ingredients and method here.
You can use the homemade rice flour for making :
Homemade Rice Flour
Processing Time : 3 hrs | Cooking Time : 15mins | Serves : 3
Recipe Category: Flour Variety | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Raw Rice - 2 cups
- First rinse the raw rice twice, and soak it in water for 1 hour. Drain water completely and then spread the raw rice in a soft towel and allow it to dry say for 30-45mins.It will be slightly moist only.Then transfer this to a mixer.
- Grind it to a fine powder in a mixie in batches.Then sieve it. If you find small balls break and sieve it.
- Sieve until you get rava like mixture.Add it to the next flour batch and grind it again. Dry roast the sieved flour until you see steam coming out of the flour.Cool down by spreading in a newspaper.
Cool down complately then store in airtight container.
- You can dry roast the rice flour in bulk and store it like how I did. Else you can roast it at that instant when you are making snacks.
- If you are grinding in bulk give it to a mill so that the grinding is even and fine too. I grinded it at home using a normal mixie so had to grind it for more time in batches.You can grind it in bulk and store it for around 6months.
Labels: FestiveSpecials, How to's, Kozhukattai Recipes, Step by Step Recipe