I am a true coffee lover and cannot start my day without it. But I limit myself with 1 coffee cup a day and its always instant coffee and a big no no to filter coffee. I am also much concerned about the brand and nescafe sunrise is my fav alltime. I usually dont like icecreams in my smoothies or milkshake as I feel it makes it heavy so I skipped that alone and came up with this yummy combination smoothie.
Coffee Walnut Smoothie Recipe
- Chilled Milk - 1 cup
- Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp
- Walnuts - 3 to 4 whole
- Vanilla essence - just a drop (1/8 tsp)
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Chocolate Chips - 1 tsp
- Vanilla icecream - a small scoop (I didnt use so I made it optional :))
When I saw this combination smoothie in a magazine I instantly tried and have been making it often since then. The crunchness in the walnuts and the strong flavour in the coffee powder makes it unique and rich.
- Add all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth and creamy.
- Pour into individual serving glasses and sprinkle coffee powder just for garnish.
- Enjoy your interesting combination shake! Slurrrppppp....
- The original recipe called in for vanilla icecream but I skipped it, you can add it for a more creamier and richer version.
- I make this smoothie often as I totally am addicted to the coffee- walnut combination.
- Dont add more than 4 walnuts as it will make the smoothie slightly bitter.
A easy, unique and lip smacking smoothie ready in minutes. I am sure you will get addicted to this smoothie and lick the glasses just like me :)
Labels: Milk Based Drinks, Smoothies