Sandesh is nothing but cheese fudge or to be in precise its paneer fudge flavoured with pistachios and saffron. So the diwali celebration marathon is getting to an end with this post for this year. Hope you enjoyed as much as I did preparing for it! :)
Wishing all my readers and friends a very happy diwali!!
I have made it sandesh with kesar you can make it plain or even orange flavoured. This is a very easy sweet recipe so you can even make it in the last min.Now what are you waiting for? Its your turn to make this yummy sweet and dont forget to leave a comment :)
Sandesh Recipe - Ingredients
: 30 mins
| Cooking Time
: 20 mins
: around 10
| Recipe Cuisine
: South Indian
| Recipe Reference
Milk - 1 litre (preferably full cream)
Lemon Juice - 1.5 tbsp
Powdered Sugar - 1/8 cup(heaped cup)
Pista - 1 tbsp powdered coarsely(just for garnishing)
Kesar / Saffron - few strands
- Bring milk to a boil, then add lemon juice. The milk will start curdling and the water will seperate, keep stirring to avoid burning at the bottom and until the water completely sepeartes. Switch off. Collect the paneer and transfer it to a muslin cloth, tie and hang it for atleast 30mins for all the remaining water to get strained.
- Then open and wash it well with water to get rid of the sour taste of lemon.Squeeze excess water.Then add powdered sugar with this paneer and grind it a smooth paste.The orginal recipe says just to knead, but grinding makes it even more easier.
- Now transfer this grinded mixture to a nonstick tawa and cook for 10mins(just 8-10mins not more than that).First it will be sticky slowly it will turn into a nonsticky mixture.
- Can you see the difference, now while it starts turning non-sticky then add saffron strands and mix well.When the saffron is absorbed and is totally non-sticky it will slightly change its texture and color. Switch off at this stage.Collect this mixture in a bowl , the final stage mixture is called "Makha" - the not yet moulded sandesh .l When it is warm make a small ball and flatten it slightly with ur palms. Make a small dent and garnish with pistachios.It will harden while cooling so sure it will not be as fragile as when we mould it.
This is the easiest paneer sweet I have tried, just few mins and you are done with this yummy milk sweet.
- In total, the paneer cooking time should be only 10mins or little less, but sure not more than that else it will get dried and become crumbly then you will not be able to mould it.
- If the paneer is over cooked we cannot roll them into balls if it is undercooked you will feel the raw taste of paneer so take care while cooking.
- If in case the mixture gets dried then add little milk, knead it once then mould it to your favourite shape.
- You can also add kesar while kneading itself but I added it while cooking
Labels: Diwali Special, Diwali Sweets, FestiveSpecials, Friendship Day Recipes, North Indian