I tried this pudding from vahrevah and have made this 2-3 times and its a no fail recipe. The ingredients are easy to fetch from ur pantry with no mess, it comes out perfect everytime.
My lil one who loves pudding enjoyed this too and whenever she sees the ramkeins she would ask for pudding :) She likes most of the puddings either chocolate or plain custard pudding but she loves this egg pudding a bit more than the other puddings.
Caramel Pudding / Flan Recipe - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 50 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: World
Sugar - 20 gms
Water - 3 tbsp
For vanilla pudding:
Milk - 500 ml
Sugar - 50 gms
Eggs - 3
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Note:Check out my Eggless Vanilla Pudding Recipe
Check out my Eggless Chocolate Pudding Recipe
For making caramel :
- Add sugar in a dry pan and leave it untouched until the sugar melts down completely and turns slightly brown.Add water and the sugar syrup will start bubbling up.Do not stir just swirl to heat up evenly.
- Once the mixture turns golden brown then pour the caramel into moulds or ramekins immediately so that spreads to fill the base. Take a large baking pan and pour water upto 1 inch height. Arrange the ramekins inside the pan with water.
For making vanilla pudding:
- Beat eggs until fluffy then add sugar and beat it well until the sugar dissolves completely. I used my whisk to beat until fluffy.
- Heat milk and allow it to boil. Once boiled, remove it from flame and cool it down for few mins then add it to the egg sugar mixture and beat for few mins. Add the vanilla essence , give a quick stir. Strain this through a strainer to remove undissolved egg white strands.
- Now pour the milk egg mixture into the prepared ramkeins.Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. Now leave the pan with ramekins arranged on lower rack of the oven. Bake in 375°F/190°C or 35-45 mins. Check by inserting a fork if it comes out clean, then ur pudding is ready.
Allow it to cool for a while then refrigerate for an hour atleast before serving. At the time of serving run a knife around the edges of the pudding to loosen a bit then invert the ramekins on the serving plate. A delicious caramel coated vanilla pudding or flan is ready :)
The caramel taste hides the eggy flavour giving it a nice outer coating. I luved the way the caramel drops when inverted. A rich and delicious dessert easy to whip up too.
- Dont let the caramel get more dark then the pudding will have a bitter tasting caramel.Also the colour purely depends on your taste.
- Also allow the caramel to spread through all sides of the bottom base of the container you use for setting the pudding.
- The pudding that went inside the oven had a golden top while the outer ones had the normal cream top. But the taste of the pudding doesnt get affected at all.
Labels: Bread based, Desserts