Pasta comes in our menu once in a while to get rid of the boredom of the usual breakfast routine. Last time I got fusilli pasta and tried a simple tomato sauce with it. I've already tried penne tomato pasta
but this time its a variation with ingredients and with no pasta sauce as last time I had few readers asking for substitute for pasta sauce.
Fusilli Pasta in Tomato Sauce RecipeServes 2
- Fusilli Pasta - 3/4 cup
- Tomato puree - from 1 big tomato (approx 1/2 cup)
- Garlic paste or garlic finely chopped - 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce - 1 tbsp
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Capsicum - 2 to 3 tbsp cubed
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cheese - 1 tbsp (just for garnish)
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Boil water and cook fusilli pasta with salt until slightly soft yet crunchy enough to bite.Drain water and Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add garlic paste and saute until slightly browned. Then add chopped tomatoes and capsicum toss it a min.Then add tomato puree and saute until raw smell totally leaves.Add required salt and pepper, give a quick stir.
- Then add the cooked pasta and mix well, add tomato sauce and sprinkle little water if the mixture is too dry. Allow it to boil 2-3 mins until the pasta is coated well with the sauce.
- Switch off and garnish with grated cheese while serving.
- You can also add a hint of mint leaves paste to it to give a nice flavour.
- Adding onions also gives a nice crunchiness and taste.
Labels: Breakfast Ideas, Pasta Recipes