The moment I saw these cookies posted , I tried it the very same weekend and glad to have tried it as I enjoyed baking and munching on these cookies. When cut into slices these cookies take no time except for the freezing time but worth the wait as these cookies are so delicious.
1. In a mixing bowl add powdered sugar and butter. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy - I used my whisk for this. Add maida, tutti frutti and mix well.
2. Add milk to form a soft sticky dough. Lay a butter paper and roll the dough and form a log(dust flour if needed).
3. Wrap it with butter paper and freeze it for 40mins(Put it up in the freezer to make the dough firm) for 40mins. I made 2 small logs. Take the log out, and slice the dough with a sharp knife. Slice into slightly thicker slices as shown in the pic.Preheat the oven at 350ºdeg /160 deg C for 10mins.
4. I cut one log into slices and for the other log cut it with a cookie cutter(which was a bit difficult actually) - I wanted star shaped cookies so did it but its sure time consuming.Place the cookies on the lined butter paper leaving space between each cookie. Bake it at 160 deg C for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
5. Transfer carefully in a rack and cool it.Store in airtight container. I baked them in 2 batches - I baked the star cookies for 15mins and the log sliced cookies for exactly 12mins. Both the cookies were great but the star cookies were even more crispier.