I wanted to try marble cake since long, searched for recipe and finally zeroed in divyas space. I have made this cake twice , once for my family and the second time for my best friend. Baking a marble cake is always special, each time you cut a slice to see a new pattern always surprises me. This cake is very soft, with the blend of chocolate and vanilla flavours its a perfect treat to anyone. Everyone loved it at home and I had a good feedback from my friend too - She said "the moment I opened the box I could feel the aroma of the cake and was tempted to take a bite" :)
Eggless Marble Cake Recipe - Ingredients
Recipe Reference : Easy Cooking
- Maida - 1 and 1/4 cup (170 gms)
- Condensed milk / Milk powder - 3 tbsp
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup (120 gms)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Hot water - 2 tbsp
1. Sieve maida with baking powder and baking soda atleast twice and keep aside. In a bowl Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add milk and mix well until creamy.
2. Add vanilla essence, condensed milk / milk powder and give a quick stir. Then add maida, mix well to form a creamy batter.
3. Take 1/4 of the prepared batter, add coco powder and hot water, mix well and keep aside. Now your both the batters are ready.
4. Preheat oven to 170C for 10mins. Meanwhile grease a baking pan(I used my bread loaf pan) with butter and flour. First pour half of the vanilla batter and add half of the chocolate batter in circles as shown below. Then with a fork make marble like patterns - dont overdo. Again add the remaining vanilla batter , chocolate batter in circles and make marble like patterns with a fork / knife.
5. Can you see the swirls? Now bake the cake at 170 deg C for 40-45 mins or until a fork inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool down the cake for 10mins then invert. Cut down into slices and enjoy.
The slices were a bit huge so I cut it down further into half while serving. The original recipe called for orange zest for extra flavour but I skipped it as I wanted a plain chocolate vanilla flavoured cake.
- You can just pour whole of the vanilla batter then the chocolate batter fully and make swirls. I wanted a layered pattern so did 2 layered swirls. Also the proportion of chocolate : vanilla batter is purely your choice.
- The cake is very soft and is not of the firm type of cake. The texture is more like the vanilla sponge cake and we totally loved it. Perfect for kids as its very soft and tender.
- The cake rises well so make sure to pur only till 3/4 of the cake pan.
- Make sure to cool completely before you slice them else the cake will crumble.
Labels: Baked Goodies, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cakes